Why choose VSO Knowledge Exchange?
Knowledge Exchange is VSO's corporate employee volunteering offer.
Communities living in poverty
- Local development partners access new skills and capabilities to improve their work
- Demonstrable improvements in the lives of communities living in poverty
- Local organisations and communities have a better understanding of, and engagement with, the private sector
VSO Knowledge Exchange is designed to develop the leadership competencies of key employees, specifically:
- Innovation, flexibility, strategic thinking and team leading skills to deliver results
- Ability to deliver projects and programmes linked to achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- New thinking to design and deliver new products and services
- New skills and knowledge in an emerging market
- Develops cross-cultural awareness through team assignments
Through VSO Knowledge Exchange you can become a partner in achieving the SDGs while:
- Developing the sustainability leaders of tomorrow
- Rewarding employees and generating engagement in your CSR work
- Improving talent acquisition and retention
- Understanding new markets and opportunities
- Innovating new products and services
- Deepening involvement with and understanding of global supply chains
VSO and Citi: Supporting entrepreneurs to grow communities
Talent acquisition and retention: Embed volunteering in a pre-existing training programme, with assignments typically 1-2 months.
VSO and Syngenta: Supporting smallholder farmers to increase their yields and incomes
Supply chain: Co-design a programme to optimise supply chain paying attention to local environment, with mixed long and short-term volunteer assignments.
VSO and Randstad: Sharing skills to fight poverty
Employee reward: A range of assignments are available to employees each month with 3-6 month long assignments.
VSO and IBM: Mentoring change-makers through employee assignments
Leadership fast track: Bespoke assignments for specific groups of employees, with assignments up to one month long.
To find out what your business could achieve through a partnership with VSO, please get in touch with our dedicated private sector engagement team.
Contact Christopher today to find out more:
Private sector engagement
The private sector has a crucial role to play in developing poor and marginalised communities.